Bangladesh Army University of Science and Technology (BAUST) is only a private Science and Technology University for north region of the country. The library is called the heart of an institution. University creates knowledge through the research and the library of the university preserves the all kind of research results (knowledge). So the library has been playing an enormous role for conducting research, lesson preparing and learning.
The library hosts a vast and diverse collection of books, journals, monograms and periodicals of academic interest.
- The Library remains open from 8.00 AM to 4.00 PM
- Sunday to Thursday
- Holiday Friday and Saturday
All students, faculty members and officers are entitled to become members of the Library. The membership is created by the library administration while on admission of a student at BAUST and validity of the student membership depends on the registration of courses in each semester.
The Library’s mission is to provide comprehensive resources and services in support of the research, teaching and learning needs of the University community.
Build up a world-class Knowledge Resource Centre and provide innovative services and collections to the research, teaching and learning communities, using latest technological developments of 21st century.
RESOURCES OF BAUST LIBRARY
Library User Policy:
• All personal bags, coats, jackets, umbrellas, etc. are to be kept in the pigeonhole near the security desk.
• Group study, gossiping, discussions, eating, drinking, and smoking are strictly prohibited inside the Library.
• All students are requested to handle with care all the fittings, fixtures, furniture, equipment, books, journals, CD’s computers, etc. of the Library and should leave them neat and tidy after use.
• Mobile phones cannot be used inside the Library.
• No book shall be issued to students for use in reading room or home within the last half hour previous to daily closing.